Terms of Service
Last Updated February 1, 2023
airPark Technology LLC (dba as PayNYCFines) is a privately held company, not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with any city, county or state government agency.
By using www.paynycfines.com or the
PayNYCFines SMS service (collectively “PayNYCFines”), an offering
owned and operated by AirPark Technology LLC, you agree to these
modification shall be effective upon being posted to the Website,
and your continued use of the service signals your agreement to be
bound by any changes. The Website and Service allow you to track, manage and pay
- Ticket Payments.
- Ticket payment cost & fees: We show the total cost of selected tickets and the aggregate service fee (charged both by NYC Department of Finance and PayNYCFines) on the search results page for all tickets. Our fee price is:
- <$46.00 | $4.95
- $46.00 - $65.99 | $5.95
- $66.00 - $115.99 | $6.95
- $116.00 - $200.99 | $7.95
- $201.00 - $300.99 | $8.95
- $301.00+ | 2.5%
- Ticket payment process: By using this service you understand and empower PAYNYC Fines to act as your agent for the purpose of facilitating your payment to NYC. Your payment for tickets and the NYC convenience fee will be processed directly by the NYC Department of Finance. PayNYCFines only charges its service fee after NYC DOF issues a payment confirmation that your payment has been processed successfully. Users who pay a tickets via PayNYCFines will see three charges on their card statement: (1) "DOF PARKINGANDCAMERANEW" (Ticket payment), (2) "PRKNG&CAMERATIX SERVICE" (NYC Credit Card Processing Fee), and (3) "PAYNYCFINES" (Our service fee). All three fees are disclosed on the PayNYCFines checkout page.
- Your ticket is not paid until a confirmation code is issued by NYC. Once issued you, you will see the confirmation code the payment confirmation page, in a transaction receipt via email, and via SMS. If you did not get a confirmation code, your ticket is not paid.
- All payments via PayNYCFines are final. Once you authorize PayNYCFines to facilitate payment for a parking ticket,
you will not be able to cancel the transaction and you will not be able to get a refund under any circumstances,
including payments through the website or the SMS/texting interface. By
submitting payment information to PayNYCFines, you acknowledge that you
are the owner, registrant, and/or operator of the vehicle that was
- You are responsible for reviewing all information provided to PayNYCFines before submitting payment.
If any errors are made in inputting your information, PayNYCFines assumes no responsibility for
any interest, late fee, or other legal penalties that results. If the
amount due is different than the amount authorized, then you give
PayNYCFines permission to charge you for the full amount due and paid by
PayNYCFines. Keep in mind that the amount owed may be different from the
initial amount on your ticket because of late fees or other penalties.
- You agree to allow PayNYCFines to create a unique email and phone for your account when paying tickets. However, based on information received from NYC Dept. of Finance in April 2023, PayNYCFines now uses the phone and email you submitted to us in NYC's payment website to address concerns raised associated with fraudlent trnsactions when using a PayNYCFines created email. This means you will receive two receipts -- one from NYC Dept of Finance and one from PayNYCFines.
- You agree that PayNYCFines may provide other information, including
personally identifying information and payment information, to the necessary government
department or its assigns to pay your parking ticket. You agree that in the process of facilitating your ticket payment, PayNYCFines may solve any Captchas we enounter on your behalf. You also acknowledge
that PayNYCFines is not a financial institution. PayNYCFines is not acting as a trustee or
other fiduciary but is acting solely as your agent.
- Ticket dispute process: PayNYCFines is neither an attorney referral service nor a law firm. If you choose to dispute your ticket through our platform, your communications with us do not constitute legal advice and are not privileged communications. You must be the vehicle owner to dispute a ticket through our service. We, or our affiliates, will act as your agent and dispute the ticket on your behalf, using any information that you have provided as evidence. When disputing a ticket through our platform, your credit card will be charged 50% of the current fine amount at the time of your dismmissal. If your ticket dispute is not successful, you will not be charged and you have 30 days to pay the ticket before NYC imposes additional late fees and penalties.
time you use the Website and/or the Service. You may terminate your
account at any time; PayNYCFines may terminate your account at
any time and for any reason, including but not limited to your
dispute of any fees owed to PayNYCFines. Should PayNYCFines
terminate your account, you will be notified at the email address
specified when you signed up for the Service or by text. If your
membership is terminated, the relevant provisions of
- Use of Website & SMS Services. The Service is intended for
use by users who are at the legal age permitted to hold a driving
license. In any case, accounts of users under the age of 13 years
will be canceled and deleted by PayNYCFines.
- Accounts. Accounts are not required, but can be created for
your convenience. You can cancel your account at any time.
To create an account, you will be required to provide certain
personally identifiable information, including but not limited to
your name, email address, phone number, license plate number and
credit card information.
- Passwords and Security. If you have an account, it is tied to
your phone number and/or email. You agree accept responsibility
for all activities that occur under your username and/or password,
including, without limitation, all communications and submissions.
You agree to notify PayNYCFines immediately of any unauthorized
use if any other breach of security is suspected by you.
- External Links. The Website may provide links to other websites
that are not maintained or controlled by PayNYCFines
'("Linked Sites"). The inclusion of any hyperlinks to Linked Sites ' +
does not imply approval or endorsement by PayNYCFines of those
Linked Sites and PayNYCFines expressly disclaims any responsibility
for the content, copyright compliance, accuracy of the information,
and/or the quality of goods or services provided by or advertised
on any Linked Sites, and in no event shall PayNYCFines be held
responsible or directly or indirectly liable for any loss or damage
caused or alleged to have been caused in connection with the use of
or reliance on any content, goods or services available on any
- Ownership, License & Data Use. The
Website and the information, computer code, and related functionality
appearing featured or otherwise displayed on the Website are owned by
PayNYCFines.PayNYCFines grants you a limited, non-exclusive,
the instructions provided by us on the Website. You man not copy
anything you get from the website or service.
Scraping PayNYCFines data via automated or manual methods is
expressly forbidden. Don’t do it. Any rights not expressly granted
herein are reserved to PayNYCFines and its affiliates.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. PAY NYC FINES MAKES NO
REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUTTHE WEBSITE, THE SUITABILITY
OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON OR RECEIVED
THROUGH THE WEBSITE, OR ANY SERVICES OR PRODUCTS RECEIVED THROUGH THE
'WEBSITE. ALL INFORMATION AND USE OF THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" ' +
WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING ALL EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR
STATUTORY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. PAYNYCFINES DOES NOT WARRANT THAT
THE CONTENTS OR ANY INFORMATION RECEIVED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE
ACCURATE, RELIABLE, OR CORRECT; THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT
ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE
CORRECTED; OR THAT THE CONTENTS OR ANY INFORMATION RECEIVED THROUGH THE
WEBSITE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER DESTRUCTIVE OR HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. PAYNYCFINES DOES ITS BEST TO PREDICT UPCOMING PENALTIES FOR UNPAID TICKETS USING PUBLICBLY AVAILABLE PENALTY SCHEDULES, BUT IT DOES WARRANTY THE ACCURACY OF THIS DATA. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE
THAT YOU HAVE RELIED ON NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, OR STATEMENTS
OTHER THAN IN THIS AGREEMENT. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT
THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, THE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU
BUT SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE LAWS OF YOUR
- Limitation on Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL
PAYNYCFINES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DAMAGES,
INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY,
INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE
WEBSITE OR SERVICE, EVEN IF PAYNYCFINES HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE
POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY
CONTAINED HEREIN, PAYNYCFINES'S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE
WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES
BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO PAYNYCFINES FOR THE
SERVICE DURING THE TERM OF MEMBERSHIP.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold us harmless for damages or losses caused by you or another party due to any access to or use of the Services through your account, or any information contained therein, by a third party, whether authorized or unauthorized. We will not be liable for any access to your account caused by unauthorized disclosure of your account information by any third party. You agree to notify us in writing immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of or access to your account.
- Data & Records Access. You understand, agree, and acknowledge that searching for a violation may require a motor vehicle record search through the Services and access the results of that search only for a purpose permitted under the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994 ("DPPA"), 18 U.S.C. § 2721, et seq., as amended, and as supplemented or restricted by the laws, rules and regulations of the state from which the motor vehicle record is sought (collectively, "DPPA Laws"). You represent that you are aware of and understand the requirements and restrictions of the DPPA Laws, and that you are conducting your search through the Services for a purpose authorized by the DPPA Laws. You understand, agree, and acknowledge that your use of motor vehicle records made available through the Services for any purpose other than a permitted purpose under the DPPA Laws may subject you to criminal fines for non-compliance and to civil liability in the form of a private right of action, including actual and punitive damages, as well as attorneys’ fees. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless PayNYCFines (airPark Technology LLC) and its affiliates, subsidiaries, offices, directors, agents, employees, partners, affiliates, licensors, and data providers from and against any third-party claims, demands, expenses, or liabilities of whatever nature or kind, due to or arising from your violation of the DPPA Laws.
- Disputes. You agree
that any dispute shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York,
without regard to its conflict of laws provisions, and you agree to
personal jurisdiction and venue in the state and federal courts located
in New York County, New York.